EE&T  |  AwwaRF
  Home > Do you have CAFOs in your area?

 *Source Water Protection

To find information on the type, size and location of CAFO, AFO, and other agricultural operations in a specific source water area, a utility can contact the appropriate federal, state and/or local agencies (such as the state primacy agency or regional USEPA office), conservation districts, cooperative extension offices, and industry associations. A good place to start would be with the CAFO Rule primacy agency in your area. General data on animal production on a county basis is also available from the USDA, which can give an initial indication of the number of AFOs in an area. Some suggestions of contacts are provided below: